How to Be Productive When You Feel Like a Giant Sloth Incapable of Achievement and Progress
There are days when even this workaholic slash busybee feels like a giant sloth climbing up an impossibly tall tree. Here's what helps me when I feel stuck.
- •Get a new tune.Something cool and poppy, not ambient or depressing. No break-up songs. My personal favorite right now is Roses by The Chainsmokers.
- •Do something small.Even if it's a simple one, like cashing a check, or taking a walk around the block, accomplishing one thing you set your mind to can help you get in the right mental space to be productive.
- •Get organized.It's challenging to work in a cluttered environment. Take out the trash, organize your desk, file away loose papers, collect receipts, etc.
- •Make a to-do list.If you write down what you need to accomplish, you have a visual representation of what you have left to do. Don't over-do it, though.
- •Chunk.Now break up your tasks into chunks of time. Give yourself 45 minutes to an hour of uninterrupted time. You may not finish, but you will get a lot done because you are giving one task your undivided attention at a time.