If You're Feeling Depressed, Here's What You Gotta Do
If you're feeling down, take a look through this self-care checklist.
- •Take a shower.How your body feels is deeply connected to your brain. Taking a shower instantly changes your mood.
- •If you haven't eaten, eat.Hunger changes mood, too. Eat something healthy (fruit/vegetable)
- •Drink water.Most people don't get enough water on a day-to-day basis. Hydrate.
- •Take a walk.It can even be inside of your own home, but preferably one outside so you can get some sunshine and fresh air.
- •Give someone else a compliment.In addition to making someone else feel good, you'll feel better, too.
- •Write it down.Take those angry/sad/depressed feelings and journal them. Put down on paper what's making you upset.
- •Meet up with someone you care about.When you're down, try reaching out to your friends. Get a coffee together, or go on a bike ride or even just Netflix a movie.
- •Go to sleep.If you haven't slept properly, go to bed early. Sleep is so much more important to your happiness than people think.