People I've texted today
Who I've texted today and about what. I text a lot. It's a problem.
- •He's at a wedding right now so we are sending each other disgustingly cute text messages.
- •Alex FarahMy Canadian filmmaker friend and I are gushing about Melanie Laurent's film.
- •About her birthday party last night.
- •Benji DellHe's the cinematographer on my film, Hala. He's in Michigan right now and coming back to LA tomorrow. I sent him 2 films to watch. We have a lot of prep to do right away for this movie.
- •Nerding out about movies and boys.
- •Sam HansonCreative executive at Focus Features. I have known him for 5 years, back when we were both assistants. He loved Hala. We are talking about the visuals of Melanie Laurent's film. He sent me Julia Ducournau's film, too.
- •Talking about how French filmmakers do it better. American movies are way too belabored. We need to catch up once he gets back into town (he's also a filmmaker.)
- •Janna AvnerMy college friend, with whom I take frequent retreats to Topanga Canyon, is on my side of town. We are both busy working on projects, though.
- •Jake FallonI'm producing his short film. He shoots next week. Checking in on his psychological state.