Talent Agencies, if They Were High School Archetypes
- •CAA as the Popular JockEveryone hates them but also wants to be represented by them because they are really "cool" and throw "dope parties." Really, you only want to be around them 'cause of their money and sweet cars.
- •WME as the Cool Kid Who Just Transferred HereThey have the dopest writer/director list, make a lot of money and have the baddest-ass agents that hustle 24/7 for their clients. Supposedly, WME agents return calls faster than anyone else in town. The real sharks, the real deal.
- •ICM Partners as the Weird Loner in the Back of Your Lit ClassThey may have been relevant once but are now relegated to the back of class for asking too many annoying questions. One of their agents left to form WME. Amazing books/literary department in NYC.
- •UTA as the Foreign Exchange Student Who's Better Than You At MathUTA has a new building with a sweet screening room. They also stole a lot of agents from other places because they literally DGAF. Represent a lot of emerging & foreign film directors. Best indie department in town.
- •Verve as The Hipster Listening to Obscure Music on MixtapesOnly represents literary talent (writers & directors.) Ahead of the curve. Will recommend you bands to listen to that will blow up in 5 years.
- •Full disclosure:(I used to work at UTA and ICM.)