What I fantasize about
In no particular order.
- •Running away from LA for 6-9 months and only returning when I have a scriptI think LA is toxic to being an actual creative person but that's a whole other list - there's a sense of unhealthy competition and obsession with commerciality that I don't care for. To burrow away somewhere new and really develop something unique and untouched by LA's grubby hands is pretty enticing.
- •Traveling the world with a loverBecause the world is big and we are small and life is short.
- •Having a real homeNot an apartment, but a place I own, and preferably looks like this photo.
- •Living in the ChateauThis is probably more fun in theory than in practice but what a place! Also - in total contradiction with a previous point.
- •Taking up photography seriouslyBut only on film. Loved darkroom photography when I was younger and I miss that process.
- •Returning to paintingI have left painting for a solid four years - as many years as I studied it - and what I miss most is the immediate gratification of having created an art object that I don't get from writing.
- •Cold winter mornings in warm sweatersTumblr, you have ruined me. Occasionally I miss the cold, because I had an excuse to hibernate and burrow.
- •This guyBut I already have him so 👍🏾