7 PIECES ON THE WHITNEY'S 7TH FLOOR I LIKE
Part of the "America Is Hard To See" exhibit
- •"Free Radicals" by Len LyeAmazing experimental animation film (3 min long)
- •"In The Streets" by Helen LevittLovely 16min experimental documentary about Spanish Harlem in 1940's
- •"The Artist and His Mother" by Arshille Gorky
- •Chiura Obata's woodblock watercolor seriesTHEYRE WOODBLOCK PRINTS THAT LOOK LIKE PAINTINGS
- •"Winter Fields" by Andrew WyethCompare and Contrast to his "Christina's World"
- •Jacob Lawrence's "Wartime series"
- •"Quarantania" by Louis Bourgeouismakes an impact after the WWI/ Great Depression galleries
- •BONUS: "The Rose" by Jay Defeo is on the 6th floor through the end of October and I DEMAND you spend five minutes with it. I'll make another list about why it's so amazing later 💖