HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVE GROHL!!! 🎉🎉🎉
He's one of my favorite human beings. In honor of Dave being born today, here are my best moments of seeing Dave Grohl live!
- •02-25-2008 // Allstate Arena, Rosemont, ILI tortured my BFF by making her stand outside in the snow for 4 hours (picture). Our first Foo Fighters show and we ended up on the catwalk rail. I was going through a rough period and this show snapped me out of it. After the show, she promptly passed out and I somehow managed the super snowy drive back to Indianapolis. We got back at 6am!
- •07-23-2008 // Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, INI posted up at the 2nd stage for this show. While I was waiting in line forever, Dave Matthews was eating dinner not even a block from me. I about died when I heard that. Anyways, Dave Grohl asked me if he should break his mistuned guitar and I said yes, of course.
- •05-17-2010 // Murat Egyptian Room, Indianapolis, INThis was a Them Crooked Vultures show. I waited for my friend to get off work so we could go line up per his request. At 5pm, he told me he didn't plan on leaving til around 8pm. I left him promptly after and managed 4th row. I got to see DG play drums!!
- •05-21-2011 // Hangout Festival, Gulf Shores, ALThey were headliners but we were in for a surprise when Cee-Lo was late for his set. My group decided to stay where we were and not see Cee-Lo then we heard "some band" playing an Alice Cooper cover. We quickly realized it was the Foo Fighters and RAN through sand to get over there. They covered Queen too. 💖
- •10-31-2014 // Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TNI wanted into this show so badly. I struck out but my friend from Portland just happened to be trying for me & scored two tix. It was so much fun. My seats sucked (very corner view) so I went to the very top of the Ryman and danced my little heart out.
- •08-27-2015 // Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, INMy BFF and I reunited for this show. We somehow got front row in the lawn and had the best time. Taylor Hawkins channeled Freddie Mercury and I cried.
- •HAPPY 47TH BIRTHDAY, YOU SEXY SON OF A BETCH