5 THINGS I'VE LEARNED SINCE LANDING IN THE PHILIPPINES
I've been in the Philippines for almost a week...and these are five takeaways.
- •5. You'll need a treasure map to find tampons, so bring them. Tampons are a scarce, luxury item only fancy supermarkets carry. Pads (aka: "napkins") win here.
- •4. Uber is here. It wasn't here three years ago during my last visit and the signs of growth in the economy are very apparent everywhere you go. So yes - you can 100% uber here (here meaning Manila), but still try the Jeepney and tricycle because they're the best.
- •3. ATMs are used for absolutely everything from paying bills to depositing checks.
- •2. Everyone is super nice and accommodating. It's the Filipino way.
- •1. Talent is as plentiful as the rice. Just needs resources and care for exponential growth.