BEST ON SCREEN PRETENDING
- •Ferris Bueller's Day Off- Cameron calling the school Dean pretending to be Ferris' dadOne of the greatest pretending voices committed to screen. "Call me sir, goddammit."
- •Dirty Rotten Scoundrels- RuprechtBecause of course.
- •Jurassic Park- DilophosaurusPretends to be a cute little Dilophosaurus, is in fact a completely made up dinosaur with frills and flying venom. If you don't love this film we can never be friends.
- •Three Men And A Little Lady- Ted Danson does vicarPretending so committed it even fools Guttenberg. And *nobody* fools Guttenberg.
- •Pink Panther Strikes Again- Gymnasium roomClouseau pretending to be at ease in a gym far more successfully than I would if I ever found myself in one. Also- in the same masterful clip- pretending to not want a handshake anyway (guilty), and the very best pretending not to be hurt after punching something that is harder than it looks (also guilty). http://bit.ly/1WHIb65
- •Honorable mention- Roman Holiday- That final shotGregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn pretending they don't want to look back as they walk away. Or maybe they didn't want to turn back because they're happy to live with just the memories of that weekend together. Either way, I'm a pathetic mess here.