All the Stranger Things Ellies/11s I saw at New York Comic-Con
I've gone to San Diego Comic-Con eight times, but this was just my third New York Comic-Con. I've grown bored of Harley Quinns and Poison Ivys, so I decided to collect photos of Stranger Things "11" and NYCC did not disappoint.
- •The original for referenceWithout her wig...
- •The firstGood costume detail, but didn't go all the way with the hair. Solid effort.
- •The secondWig points, dress & jacket slightly off, but good spirit and attitude makes up for it. Bravo for handling the badge which often mars cosplay photos.
- •The thirdDamn girl! Buzz cut, lacy dress, bloody nose and the death stare? A+!
- •The fourthGood execution and spirit. I think her Eggos are a purse.
- •The fifthOkay, dress is good. hair is wrong, shoes & socks wrong, but she still owns it. I recognized her cosplay from two booths away, so still success.
- •The sixthMajor bonus points for not only making this a couple cosplay, but also a funny one. Her costume is good on its own, so 👍🏼👍🏼.
- •Seven!Another great couples costume. Kudos to tracking down that waffle costume which is a subtle nod to the Eggo. She's got a good stare.
- •Great eight!Gender-bending FTW. Also the only AfAm 11 I saw. And Eggo smuggling Hopper is a smart choice companion.
- •Nine!Great solo costume execution with good death stare, wig, bloody nose and lacy dress. Coaxing her dad into being the wall, and totally owning his "I'm a wall" expression: brilliant.
- •The tenthOverall good execution. Her hair works naturally. Bloody nose and death stare solidify this cosplay.
- •The eleventh 11Ran into her in the intolerably long restroom line. Good overall effort.
- •The twelfth of 11An actual kid 11! I give her an A!
- •Thirteen, fourteen!You'll recognize my twelfth in here, but let's chat 13 & 14. Good overall effort even though the Hispanic male has wrong socks & shoes. He still owns it. All three have great wigs & dresses. And what about that Barb/wall combo? Inspired & clever!
- •FifteenLuckily, something happened with my phone which gave this a creepier look. My only critique is the dress is off, but really this was Sunday and she had the vibe going on seriously. Score: A
- •SixteenThe show was over and I was about to pack up my booth when she appeared. Tired, missing her jacket and her bald skull cap was peeling up, but she still mustered the death stare. Extra credit.
- •I did see a few others, but couldn't get to them fast enough to snap a photo. What will next year's hot costume be?