Five Things I Learned About Sanjay Patel and Sanjay's Super Team Tonight
I went to a Commonwealth Club event for Academy-Award nominated Director & Animator Sanjay Patel, and learned some cool stuff about his work and his Pixar film, Sanjay's Super Team. The interview will be broadcast Thursday 7/28 on KLIV-AM at 7pm.
- •Sanjay escaped boredom growing up in a low-budget motel by watching cartoons such as the Super Friends.
- •Sanjay feels it took 30 years to understand his Indian culture.
- •In Sanjay's Super Team, the Pixar team envisioned the meeting of Indian and American cultures as a "East/West Handshake"
- •Sanjay felt more comfortable in the background, not wanting the spotlight.It took the higher-ups at Pixar to make him realize that his immigrant story could be in the spotlight. And from there he told the story he wanted without compromise.
- •He used Adobe Illustrator to illustrate his book Ramayana: The Divine LoopholeThis blows the minds of artists and illustrators.