Ways to Use My (as of Yet Un-won) Lottery Money
The second part of the American Dream: wealth without work. Who doesn't fantasize about winning the lottery?
- •Buy a HouseA headquarters for all of my plans, schemes and dreams.
- •Hire a Breakfast BoyDuties as follows: come to my house each weekday morning to lay-out my outfit for the day, cook me breakfast and draw my bath. Gently wake me with a glass of orange juice. Bonus: if he looks like Dean Cain. Uniform: white t-shirt and boxer shorts. NOTE: this is a non-sexual job.
- •Buy my mom a new carAnd then let's just call it even.
- •Hire a Bedtime BoyDuties as follows: Sun.-Thurs. arrives at my home 45 minutes before bedtime, gently rubs my back until I fall asleep. After which he cleans the kitchen, turns off all the lights and locks up on his way out. NOTE: this is a non-sexual job.
- •Create a transitional housing program for teens aging-out of the foster care system.Give them a chance after a rough time in an imperfect system.
- •Hire a Personal TrainerI want to make sure I'm around long enough to enjoy the windfall.
- •Buy Some Green SpaceThere's too much cement in our world. Create some verdant pockets for sanity.
- •Pay off all that I'll-gotten debt resulting from under-employment and post-breakup retail therapy .
- •Open a Small CafeThat stays open until midnight for the creatively caffeinated folks who don't want to hang out in bars.