Summer jobs, with pros and cons
- •Cemetary grounds keeperPros: worked with my best friend, killer tan (for the whitest girl), riding mower races Cons: Dead people. Everywhere.
- •Flag girl for DOTPros: killer tan (again), steel-toed boots, big ego from excessive "compliments" from the pavement crew Cons: asthma attacks, bronchitis, that college kid who kissed me and knocked my hard hat into oncoming traffic.
- •Server at Denny'sPros: I channelled my inner stereotypical diner waitress and called people, "hun." I was 15. Cons: Those shoes.
- •Art teacher at The Everson Museum of ArtPros: I worked for my high school art teacher/role model/favorite person Cons: None. Why didn't I do that forever? A real salary is overrated
- •Art director at summer camp(See above)
- •Concession Stand at Fair Haven State ParkPros: I worked for one day Cons: Try making hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, register transactions and clean-up solo. I dare you.