Where are you from?
I have an unusual accent, originally from the North of England. Life and travels have contributed to my sing song vowelistic (cool new word I just made up!) mash up voice. I work retail and hear the question literally everyday-here are some of my favorite guesses. Oh for context I have fair skin and real blonde hair.
- •Are you Irish?Nope, have been asked about 756 times.
- •Are you German?Nein
- •New Zealand or Australia?Neither actually
- •Are you Scottish?Close but no
- •Oh I thought you were SwedishDid you now? Why not Greenland or Antartica
- •South African?Sometimes like to fuck around with this one as I like to mimic SA accents
- •Oh you're From the Uk? London or the countrysideI guess the countryside, scuse me mate my tractor's double parked.....
- •Are you Jamaican?To be fair this question was asked sight unseen during a telephone conversation .... Yeah Mon.
- •What is your native language?That'll be English