What I have accomplished at work so far
Spoiler alert: not a whole lot. I'm back from mat and am starting up a couple new Alzheimers's trials. But it takes a while and a lot of waiting.
- •I made it to work before 8:30amThis is a general goal in my day. I consider the day a success if I'm here before 8:30.
- •Got my Coffee inI had to deal with the ultra nasty ultra controlling Mary Lou at Tim Hortons. If I give her change I have to put the individual coins on the counter one at a time. I have to order a baked good before ordering coffee (NEVER the other way around), and always order one thing at a time. Or she will bark "ONE THING AT A TIME". She starts my day off right 🙌
- •Checked out the hospital buy and sell boardI love seeing what people try and sell. A picture frame from Ikea for $10? Or the pictures they take. Like at least move the object from your dirty garage to take the picture.
- •I chatted with my coworker about travelMy boss is going to France to do some cooking classes. So jealous.
- •One of the doctors brought in donutsMy general rule is that is okay to eat a donut if someone buys it for you. So I ate one.
- •I scrolled through my work calendarI just came back from mat leave so it's pretty empty. But it makes me look busy
- •Worked on some source documentsBut the formatting kept screwing up so I gave up.
- •My boss gave me a bunch of articles to readOn cognitive vitality. I needed a definition for a consent form. Turns out the term is pretty subjective. Reminds me of the "definition of healthy" for individual people. That health is not the absence of disease. I got excited for the articles. But now that I read them I'm reminded of how much I hate reading scholarly papers.
- •Read about the development of the little embryo inside me of.Looks like a tadpole/creature from Alien.
- •Worked on this listBecause I'm just looking for stuff to do
- •PumpedI have a love hate relationship with pumping. It's great for my daughter, but a total pain the the ass.
- •Drew some bloodTommy needed a blood draw. I wasn't doing anything. The patient asked if he could bring his dog the next time, I said "YAAASSS! We love puppies here".
- •The I clock watched for 15 minutes until it was noon.I have a rule that I can't eat lunch before noon. If I eat before noon then I run the risk of running out of food for the remainder of the day. Hungry is a serious issue with me and I do not take it lightly.