MY STAPLE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
Vanity, thy name is...myself.
- •Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel CleanserI'm religious about washing my face before I put make-up on in the morning and when I take it off at night. This cleanser is gentle, all-natural, and keeps my skin clear thanks to ingredients like salicylic acid and willow bark. Plus, it's cruelty-free, which I try to use whenever possible.
- •Nelsons Pure and Clear Acne Treatment GelOh my god, I love this stuff! I apply it to my whole face every other day, and when I do have a breakout (which, knock wood, is very seldom), I'll spot treat with this twice a day and it clears up super fast. It's made with arnica, which reduces inflammation, tea tree oil, which is a natural disinfectant, and calendula, which promotes quick healing. The smell might be a little strong for some, but I don't mind it.
- •CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing LotionI am a pale gal, so moisturizer with SPF is crucial. CeraVe has SPF 30 and is super light and not at all greasy.
- •Stella by Stella McCartneyThis has been my signature scent since my freshman year of college. It always makes me feel feminine, but with a slight edge.
- •MAC blush in MarginA friend was got this blush in a gift bag and passed it on to me. It turned out to be my perfect rosy cheek shade. I also need very little, so it's lasted forever. In the summer, I switch to Cargo's Georgia, which is a brighter peach.
- •Urban Decay eyeshadow in Easy BakeI've been a fan of Urban Decay since high school. Back then, it was because they made sparkly eye shadows in any color I could dream of. Now, I love them because of their staying power. This coppery gold shade looks as good at the end of the day as it does when I put it on, and I don't use primer or anything.
- •Palladio automatic eyeliner in black brownStraight up black can be strong on me for daytime, so I am a huge fan of black brown. This eyeliner glides on easily and doesn't get diluted when you apply it to your lower inner rims.
- •Almay lengthening mascara in black brownMy eyes are super sensitive, particularly with contacts. This mascara is super gentle and makes my eyelashes super long, and it doesn't clump!
- •Carmen lip balmI love lipstick, but it's too much for day-to-day, so I stick with Carmex. Not in the tube, in the pot. I usually slather it on before bed, and it keeps my lips super soft. Every so often, I'll do a light coat before I leave in the morning.