Already on li.st? Open in app.
Helena Myers is a saint in her own nonreligious, quirky way. She has been one of the most important role models in my life and always will be.
- •She is a feministShe has always told me I can be anyone I want and nothing can hold me back. I've lived with that reminder that I am a strong, capable woman because she is such an empowered woman.
- •She is opened mindedI've found this trait to be surprisingly rare. But she accepts anyone and everyone for exactly who they are and I adore her for this. I can make mistakes and she still loves me no matter what.
- •She is an artistHer creativity makes her who she is. Her house has sculptures she created around her house and decorated inside with her paintings. I can't wait to hear my future house decorated with her artwork.
- •She is funI have had fun with my Granny throughout my entire life. Swimming every summer in our favorite lake, hiking around we her property, and laughing with her in the late hours of the night over a bottle of wine. She is an amazing person who I makes me feel so incredibly honored to know and gave a special connection with.
Dan in Real Life is always the first movie my sister and I watch when having a Steve Carell movie marathon. We could recite the whole movie word for word if we wanted to! Here are the best quotes from this wonderfully amazing movie:
- •"This corn is like an angel"
- •"Life is full of disappointment. Big and some times even bigger"
- •"I miss your skin. I miss your smell. I miss your eyes... Dad!"
Steve Carell is by far my favorite actor! I've always said that meeting him would be the happiest day of my life. Better than my wedding day and the birth of my children.
- •Dan in Real LifeLove love this movie! It really does feel so real. The conversations and emotions don't feel scripted and the scenes explore all the wonderful and horrible ways love can make you feel. Having an immediate connection with someone and not being able to act on it. Feeling like the only person who is going through a hard time. Finally, accepting that you can't plan everything that will happen in your life. "Plan to be surprised."
- •Crazy, Stupid, LoveI am a very emotional person and watching this movie has me crying for Steve Carell and wondering why love has to be so cruel sometimes!! I never saw the twist coming either and I literally screamed when it happened. (I'm not crazy).
- •Little Miss SunshineAnyone who says they don't like this movie is not a person I want to associate with. Life sucks and a lot of the time you just have to suck it up and enjoy the little moments knowing your family is there to help you through it. And even more important: laughing and dancing are the best medicine!!
- •The OfficeI know this isn't a movie but it is my favorite tv show. Ever. I've watched it many times through and each time I laugh like its the first time I've seen it. I want a boss like Michael Scott!
St. Paul, Minnesota is a great place to live when it comes to eating amazing food. I like to consider myself an adventurous eater and I love to support Minnesota restaurants. However, now that I have the flu all I can think about is how hungry for these restaurants. What other restaurants are in the area that blow people's minds?!
- •Taste of India: Maplewood's best restaurant. Possibly the best restaurant in the world. The servers know my family and me because we love going their so much! Their lunch buffet is my heaven and my plate is always overflowing with all the curries they make. My mouth is watering thinking about it!
- •iPho: University Ave with the best Pho. The price is very reasonable, the servers are extremely friendly, and the food is exceptional!
- •Punch Pizza: this pizza is the closest you can find to pizza from Italy. Same people who opened Caribou Coffee and truly care about their employees which makes me respect them even more.