THE FIRST THREE MEALS I COOKED
Requested by @LeahHaydock
- •Thanks Leah! This is in response to this list GUYS I'M GOING TO START COOKING (is there an easier way to copy these?) I'm old.
- •Today I started easy with a green smoothie. I've been in and out of the green smoothie game for a few years now. I even spent six-months running a green smoothie counter inside a bookstore. I know! Great idea, right? Nope, didn't work. So I now I try to find motivation to keep making them.Today's includes local spinach and local frozen fruit. I keep it 50/50. I think I chose "Michigan mix", which is basically apples, grapes, peaches, strawberries. Just a little bit of each. I add a bunch of frozen mango to help make it creamier. I never add yogurt or soy or almond milk, just my preference. Then a few dashes of spirulina, turmeric, and cinnamon. Fill blender with water and blend until smooth. Yum!
- •I also made two other meals so I could have lunches for the week:
- •Black bean and lentil soupSo incredibly easy. Put every single ingredient in the crock pot on low for six hours.
- •Quinoa bean veggie stir fry thingyI forgot to take a picture of this one and I don't have a specific recipe. Basically I just cook some veggies in a pan, usually onion, garlic, peppers. Add canned beans, maybe corn and cooked quinoa. I have my husband season it because I'm really bad at this part without a recipe. Today he added salt, pepper, and cinnamon.