THE STORY OF MY FIRST KISS
- •On a warm day in eighth grade, my boyfriend's best friend told my best friend that he wanted to kiss me. 😳We had been "going together" for about four months and held hands once at a football game for about three minutes. This was a big step!
- •I was supposed to be finishing a book report on Edgar Allen Poe but convinced my parents to let me go over and hang out at his place for a little bit before dark.He lived down the street from me so it was easy to visit quickly.
- •When I got there we were both too scared to do anything so we played basketball for an hour.I was much better than him and knocked him over a few times. Boys never believed me when I said I could play basketball.
- •When we finished playing it was dark outside and we were standing awkwardly in his driveway for a long time. Eventually my dad drove up looking for me.I was mortified! I actually ran up to the car and told my dad that he was about to kiss me and told him to go home immediately. I can't believe he left!
- •I turned around after my dad drove away and my boyfriend kissed me right there.I stepped back. Smiled. And vomited in his front yard.
- •I was so embarrassed! I blamed it on playing basketball too hard and he somehow believed me.I ran home crying.
- •My dad had told my mom that I was about to experience my first kiss and was not expecting me to come home sobbing.I told her everything and she commiserated by telling me that she threw up on her first date with my dad.
- •I spent the next week pretending I had the stomach flu at school to try to fend off middle school rumors.
- •It didn't end there. I continued to throw up every time I kissed someone new until college.It took years to trust myself and my instincts. I'm grateful for this entire experience. I know myself and my boundaries better because of it.