THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE UPDATE
Tonight was my town's monthly First Friday block party.
- •I suspect many cities now have First Fridays. Ours started 9 years ago in the truest of grassroots fashion.
- •Every month: rain, shine, or blizzard, the entire downtown hosts First Friday. Thousands of people come to support our local businesses and artists.Every month is a theme.
- •This month's theme was the Taste of Goshen.We are a diverse community and tonight celebrated that with a food tent showcasing cultures from around the world that are all part of our community. (Did that make sense?)
- •I chose Palestine and Ukraine.Mujadarrah (lentils and rice) and a cheese crepe. Delicious!
- •Last month was an international film festival. I don't have any pictures from that. So here's a picture of the films showing later this month. ❤️This theater will hopefully be historically restored within the next year or two.
- •Earlier this evening we were race marshals for a 5k that ran behind our apartment and through the trails in town.
- •Of course, we always have to stop at the bookstore that my husband started. We both worked there for years and miss it terribly. Glad to see it filled with customers, though. 😊
- •And now I'm resting with this view. What a great night. ❤️❤️