Books that I have either read recently, currently reading, or want to read (ongoing)
- •The Secret History by Donna TarttCurrently reading
- •God Help The Child by Toni MorrisonIt was okay. Not as powerful as the other Toni Morrison novels I've read and a little simplistic and underwritten, and there was a section in the middle that I can't figure how it fits into the plot or where it came from. I think I got the point of the novel, but I'm not exactly sure.
- •Find Me by Laura van den BergI enjoyed it, but the book was a bit uneven and kind of felt like two separate books. I wish that Book II went more in-depth about the after effects of the sickness instead of switching gears to what amounted to be a road trip/coming of age story.
- •Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki MurakamiLiked. I may be biased because of how much I love Murakami's writing, but I thought that this novel was compelling and insightful. My favorite Murakami novels are the weird, supernatural ones, and this had none of that (similar to Norwegian Wood) but it was still worth reading.
- •NW by Zadie Smith
- •Purity by Jonathan Franzen
- •The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- •My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante