Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Watched The Big Lebowski
- •Listened to QueenThe Game, to be specific. And ...this is more of a funny drinking reference.
- •Talked with my boss about how I never smoke weed.And how our company never tests. Why did I do that?
- •Blazing Saddles (1974)Ok. I was an infant when this movie came out, obviously, so the first few movies became favorites years later. Like, in high school.
- •Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- •Taxi Driver (1976)
- •Vivian Smith-Smythe-SmithHas an O-level in chemo-hygiene. Can count up to 4.
- •Simon Zinc-Trumpet-HarrisMarried to a very attractive table lamp.
- •Nigel Incubator-JonesBest friend is a tree. A stockbroker in his spare time.
- •Everybody Hates Josh(Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) We don't like Josh. He's a moron and has a funny looking body. His stance reminds me of when Beck Bennett plays that adult baby on SNL.
- •Manny Is The Worst(Modern Family) I don't think I made this one up, but it's true. Also, the little Lily girl can't act and seems awful too. We're mean.
- •McNulty & Ducklips(The Affair) Hard to shake McNulty from The Wire when you see Noah, especially when they both make terrible, terrible decisions ... and Alison is pretty, but her lips stick out like a duck. Seemed worse when she was on Luther. Maybe she's working on it.
Most recent Late Night Power Ranking was October 2015
- 1.@midnight with Chris HardwickPoints! for staying at the top of my late night rankings. Still funny. The one break in late night that's not a rehash of the day's news events that repeats on every other show. Unless they're funny enough not to make fun of. // Comedy Central 10pm CT.
- 2.Late Night with Seth MyersLook, I DVR 7 late shows a night. They all talk Trump now, everybody repeating and giving their own takes, but Late Night is my favorite. It's on point. Plus, the jokes and the bits are tuned in to my sense of humor. I can't explain enough how much I get where some of the ridiculous humor comes from. Even if a joke bombs, he knows it, I know it, it's still funny to us, and it's all good. // NBC 11:35pm CT.
- 3.Desus & MeroI feel cooler for watching this. The daily headlines (and some miscellany) delivered in a way like you're just sitting around bullshitting with some real ass people. Ranks high right now because it's new & great. Prospects are good for holding a high rank. // Viceland 10pm CT.
Because 30 years ago I was 13 and honestly did not care before that.
- •Marlin FitzwaterReagan/Bush Press Secretary. Points for longest serving, and serving under 2 presidents. Including Bush 1's entire term. Last of the old school press secretaries before somebody realized, hey this is TV, let's put handsome younger guys in this spot.
- •George StephanopolousClinton Director of Communications. Technically just the de facto Press Secretary, but I think Clinton wanted a young, photogenic guy in there. He was only on the job for 4 1/2 months. Parlayed his work on the campaign trail into this job, and then parlayed that into a TV news job.
- •Dee Dee MyersClinton Press Secretary. Points for being the first female press secretary. I remember her doing a pretty decent job. Was the inspiration for CJ Cregg on The West Wing.
Not talking about which city deserves a new MLS team or the financial questions involved. Just looking at the proposed stadiums.
- •CharlotteNot good. I mean, great for a high school or college, but this is bland. Reminds me of the ruins of an old Roman hippodrome.
- •DetroitThis stadium is buried in the surrounding proposed buildings. It's like the plan for Delta City in RoboCop. The Busch Stadium proposal in St. Louis had a bunch of tall buildings around it too, and they ended up with 1. Good luck Detroit.
- •IndianapolisPretty good. Like a much more tame version of the Beijing Olympic Stadium.
Inspired by @xila
- •DawesComing up next... first show of the year on Wednesday.
- •HairballThis is a rarity, a show right here in town. Hairball, a tribute to arena rock. Funny thing is I've never heard of them & I have not even heard it advertised. Hoping for the best.
- •Ha Ha TonkaNew album & my son's favorite band & my friend @coreywoodruff took this picture!
When I lived out of state or when I'm traveling, I've used all these descriptions.
- •Quincy, Illinois?Rarely people say, oh yeah OK...
- •2 hours up the river from St. Louis
- •South of Chicago, but like 5 hours.People hear Illinois and usually assume Chicago.