Late Night Power Rankings, Updated
Most recent Late Night Power Ranking was October 2015
- 1.@midnight with Chris HardwickPoints! for staying at the top of my late night rankings. Still funny. The one break in late night that's not a rehash of the day's news events that repeats on every other show. Unless they're funny enough not to make fun of. // Comedy Central 10pm CT.
- 2.Late Night with Seth MyersLook, I DVR 7 late shows a night. They all talk Trump now, everybody repeating and giving their own takes, but Late Night is my favorite. It's on point. Plus, the jokes and the bits are tuned in to my sense of humor. I can't explain enough how much I get where some of the ridiculous humor comes from. Even if a joke bombs, he knows it, I know it, it's still funny to us, and it's all good. // NBC 11:35pm CT.
- 3.Desus & MeroI feel cooler for watching this. The daily headlines (and some miscellany) delivered in a way like you're just sitting around bullshitting with some real ass people. Ranks high right now because it's new & great. Prospects are good for holding a high rank. // Viceland 10pm CT.
- 4.Late Night with Stephen ColbertI still think Colbert is one of the best personalities on late night, but still not a fan of the band. I tend to bail on talk shows when the guests come on (trying to fit so much in, I'm developing ADHD) // CBS 10:35pm CT.
- 5.Full Frontal with Samantha BeeThe basic cable, female equal to Jon Oliver. Just as pointed and informative. She's fierce. Wouldn't watch with my Conservative Republican Pro-Trump family members because I don't like uncomfortable situations. // TBS Wed., 9:30pm CT.
- 6.Last Week Tonight with John OliverGiven it's been on break for a while & it's weekly anyway ...it ranks low at this time. It's one of the best but he tackles one subject for most of the show. If I'm not interested in the topic, not as good but I'm still informed. When he explores a subject however, the lid is blown off. // HBO Sun. 10pm CT.
- 7.Jimmy Kimmel Live!I'll try to catch the monologue, but I'm always skipping Kimmel. When I do watch I am always reminded how much I enjoy it. And then I'll watch it for a couple weeks, then skip a couple weeks, and repeat. // ABC 10:35 CT.
- 8.The Daily Show with Trevor NoahThe Daily Show correspondents game is strong, Noah's just OK. Been skipping the guest lately. Not the best interviews. Not The Daily Show of old. // Comedy Central 10pm CT.
- 9.ConanI have great admiration for Conan, but he ends up being the casualty of trying to get through 7 recorded shows a night. Funny when I watch, though the sketches are still weak. Conan taped remotes are the best though. // TBS 10pm CT.
- 10.The Tonight Show starring Jimmy FallonJimmy didn't make the cut when I decided I'm watching entirely too much after 10pm. The Tonight Show is still the Cadillac of late night so it gets the best guests, but it's too safe & sterile. Jimmy also gets into inside jokes or riffing with Steve the announcer, and if you don't watch, it's kind of silly. // NBC 10:35pm CT.
- 11.The Late Late Show with James CordenMy last power ranking said: "I wanted to like this show but I just can't. Corden's just awkward." ...I stand by that and believe it twice as much. I don't dislike the guy, I'll catch some bits online, but he just bugs me. Sorry James. // CBS 11:37pm CT
- 12.Last Call with Carson DalyStill a show that's on the air. // NBC 12:38pm CT.