MLB Ballparks I've been to, chronologically...
I feel like I did this list before. Maybe not. Can't believe I haven't. @list is gonna need a better search engine before I start repeating myself.
- 1.Comiskey Park1992. New Comiskey, a year after it opened. For a baseball fan I started late, this was my senior year of high school. My first game was so cold my hands went numb.
- 2.Busch Memorial StadiumI thought 1995 was my first game here, but I never saw the Cards play on AstroTurf. So, 1996 I guess. First year with real grass. Saw the most games here in person. 2nd would be Wrigley Field.
- 3.The Ballpark in ArlingtonFirst time here was in 1996, the ballpark's 3rd year. Hottest night game I've been to, so I can understand why they want a new place with a roof, but I love this ballpark.
- 4.Cinergy FieldFirst game I saw on AstroTurf, hottest day game I've ever attended. 1999. My legs were sunburned.
- 5.Wrigley FieldLifelong Cubs fan but it was 1999 before I made the trip to Wrigley. Naturally, my favorite ballpark. But I'll admit it's a little cramped. Love Wrigley's renovations but I like old school Wrigley too.
- 6.Milwaukee County StadiumSaw one of the last remaining games here in 2000. Creaky & old, but old school nice. Beautiful field & great brats.
- 7.Shea StadiumShea was tall & covered in 8 layers of possibly lead paint, the fans were all mouthy, ...it was great. Visited in 2002.
- 8.PNC ParkBeautiful ballpark and the fans were nice too. Visited 2 days after my first visit to Shea in 2002. Saw Jay Payton's final game as a Met and first game as a Rockie. We yelled at him, he waved back.
- 9.Comiskey Park (again)Included this one again, because post-2001 renovations Comiskey is completely different and so much better. First visited new-new Comiskey in 2002 before it was renamed US Cellular Field.
- 10.Kaufmann StadiumFirst trip was in 2003 I think, my son was around 4 or 5 at the time. His first ballgame if memory serves.
- 11.Busch StadiumCaught the last game of the first home stand in 2006. Pujols hit 3 home runs that day. The only Cards player to hit 3 hrs in a home game at new Busch. McGwire was the only Cardinal to hit 3 hrs in a home game at old Busch Memorial Stadium & I was at that game too. Been to many games since including the Cubs playoff win in 2015.
- 12.Citizens Bank ParkIn 2010 I knocked out the 3 mid Atlantic ballparks of the Philly-DC corridor. The park is awesome & people were surprisingly nice in Philadelphia.
- 13.Oriole Park at Camden YardsAs great as advertised, good reason this ballpark is often imitated. Had a beer in the warehouse, and BBQ on Eutaw Street.
- 14.Nationals ParkMy favorite things about Nationals Park are the presidents running around, the mascot, Screech... The BBQ... And the ballpark is really nice too.
- 15.Kaufmann Stadium (again)Like Comiskey/US Cellular, I had to include this ballpark again, because after the renovations, the place is like a whole new experience. Great job fixing up an old park.
- 16.Target FieldVisited in 2011, the park's 2nd season, and it is awesome. I had a Kille-brew Root Beer. Went to a night game and then drove 7 hours back home. I think I was hallucinating.
- 17.Dodger StadiumMade it to Dodger Stadium in 2013. So much nicer in person that I could ever imagine. Great stadium! Had a Dodger Dog, stood in line next to Jerry O'Connell, they let everybody on the grass to watch fireworks after the game.
- 18.Angel StadiumAfter Dodger Stadium I had to hit Angel Stadium in Anaheim. Also a great ballpark. Not as great as Dodger Stadium, that place is built into the side of a giant hill. But the Big A has a much nicer center field.