Musical guests on The Young Ones, ranked.
You'll have to check em out on YouTube yourself, but maybe just the top 7.
- 12.John Otway"Body Talk" ...This shitshow was on the final episode. Way to go out with a blehhhh.
- 11.Radical Posture with Alexei Sale"Dr. Martens Boots" ...I know Alexei Sale is the other member of The Young Ones but I don't care for him at all. Bugs me.
- 10.Alexei Sale"Stupid Noises" ...Like I said, not a fan. But I'll rank this higher because it's ridiculous. It's actually a bit, not a musical guest spot.
- 9.Rip Rig + Panic"You're My Kind of Climate" ...Never really cared for this performance.
- 8.Ken Bishop's Nice Twelve"Subterranean Homesick Blues" ...Good song, poor execution. Seems like a morale boosting video that the "fun" boss made people in the office participate in against their will.
- 7.The Damned"Nasty" ...Forefathers of punk. This song is where we get into the good performances. #12-8 are forgettable.
- 6.Dexy's Midnight Runners"Jackie Wilson Said" ...Good song but it's no "Come On, Eileen." I actually just listened to their new album. Unrecognizable from the 80s.
- 5.Madness"House of Fun" ...First of two appearances. Pretty good, but the 2nd time would be better.
- 4.Amazulu"Moonlight Romance" ...Probably the most ska/reggae song in the show's run which is saying a lot.
- 3.Nine Below Zero"11 + 11" ...Great musical guest for the very first episode. Real Kinks-style sound.
- 2.Madness"Our House" ...2nd appearance by Madness. The most popular song to be performed on the show.
- 1.Motörhead"Ace of Spades" ...My introduction to Motörhead. Scrambled my young mind.