My Top 10 R. Lee Ermey Roles
I haven't seen everything R. Lee Ermey's been in, plus there's a lot. This is my top 10.
- 10.Apocalypse NowEagle Thrust Seven Helicopter Pilot. Super small role, but HE flew THE lead chopper in the classic Ride of the Valkyries scene.
- 9.Fletch LivesJimmy Lee Farnsworth. I wish I could have somebody feed information into my ear when I need it.
- 8.Toy StorySarge. Sometimes typecasting works out really, really well. Especially for military guys.
- 7.Leaving Las VegasConventioneer. Dude gets reeled in by a hooker & gets all pissed about it. I don't like R. Lee yelling at my girl Elisabeth Shue.
- 6.The FrightenersSergeant Hiles. Underrated movie, but I'm convinced this is just his ghost from Full Metal Jacket.
- 5.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)Sheriff Hoyt. Oh please don't let me ever get pulled over by this guy.
- 4.SevenPolice Captain. Small, low key role in one of my favorite movies. And I don't spell it Se7en.
- 3.Saving SilvermanCoach. Super laid back but super enthused about murderous psychopathy.
- 2.Mail CallNot a role, just himself, on a great History Channel show that's actually about ...history!
- 1.Full Metal JacketGunnery Sergeant Hartman. Iconic role. When I was in boot camp, they showed this movie on Christmas Day. Is that awesome or is that kinda mean?