Ranking the other actors who weren't cast as Han Solo
All these actors were considered... There are 11 alternate universes where these guys played Han Solo & where Trump was never elected president.
- 1.Kurt RussellYou can cast Kurt Russell in any Harrison Ford role and he'd own it. Think about it for a minute. That's not bashing Ford, it's a credit to Russell. He would have been a great Han Solo.
- 2.Billy Dee WilliamsHell yes Billy Dee could pull off Han Solo. And Harrison Ford would have been great as Lando Calrissian.
- 3.Nick NolteI could also see a young Nick Nolte pulling off this role. It would have been harder for Nolte to pull off the funny parts. Unless they also cast Eddie Murphy as Chewbacca.
- 4.Al PacinoInitially I thought no, but it might have worked. Voice is all wrong though. Pacino was a little too serious for Han Solo at that time.
- 5.Perry KingHe could've pulled off the role. Would have been more of a Prince Charming type for Leia.
- 6.Bill MurrayBill is the best, and he can do serious acting. But not action so much, where I think it's harder to take him serious.
- 7.Christopher WalkenNo. Walken has more of an Empire feel to him. He's scary looking.
- 8.Sylvester StalloneNo. There are no Italians in space, only British people.
- 9.Burt ReynoldsNo. We're not smuggling Coors across the Empire.
- 10.Steve MartinNo. Anything is possible I guess, but he's too goofy to reign in.
- 11.Chevy ChaseNo. Would be too hard to take serious in this role at that time. Not the right actor. Fletch was perfect though.