Top 10 Mississippi River Crossings
I've been across MOST but not all of the bridges spanning the Mighty Miss. These are the Top 10.
- •QuincyHome base. Gateway to cheap gas and cheap cigarettes. Always a pretty view.
- •St. LouisCan't beat seeing the arch. I always still think of the scene in Vacation to this day.
- •New OrleansThis bridge is so tall it's like an amusement park ride.
- •MinneapolisSo much going on at this point, it's incredible.
- •HannibalGreat, fast bridge with a cool view. When I cross it I'm either starting or ending an eventful journey.
- •MemphisThe Hernando DeSoto Bridge (The Big M) is great. The other bridges to the south, can't see shit when you're crossing. They represent the style of bridges at Vicksburg and Natchez.
- •DavenportThe best bridge in the Quad Cities has a good look at the ballpark on the riverfront & also serves as a beautiful backdrop itself.
- •La CrosseOne of many bridges that is representative of the beauty of the Upper Mississippi.
- •Baton RougeGreat view of the Louisiana capital.
- •KeokukThe river is super wide at this point and there's a cool view of the dam churning out electricity.