White House Press Secretaries for the last 30 years.
Because 30 years ago I was 13 and honestly did not care before that.
- •Marlin FitzwaterReagan/Bush Press Secretary. Points for longest serving, and serving under 2 presidents. Including Bush 1's entire term. Last of the old school press secretaries before somebody realized, hey this is TV, let's put handsome younger guys in this spot.
- •George StephanopolousClinton Director of Communications. Technically just the de facto Press Secretary, but I think Clinton wanted a young, photogenic guy in there. He was only on the job for 4 1/2 months. Parlayed his work on the campaign trail into this job, and then parlayed that into a TV news job.
- •Dee Dee MyersClinton Press Secretary. Points for being the first female press secretary. I remember her doing a pretty decent job. Was the inspiration for CJ Cregg on The West Wing.
- •Mike McCurryClinton Press Secretary. I barely remember this guy. Mid 90s, I had other things going on. But this is the dude who had to spin the Lewinsky scandal. Points for that.
- •Joe LockhartClinton Press Secretary. This guy had a lot of personality right? I think that's what I remember. Also had to trudge through the Lewinsky stuff. Points.
- •Jake SiewertClinton Press Secretary. Honestly I don't even remember this guy. Granted he was only press sec. for under 4 months. Clinton's last.
- •Ari FleischerBush Press Secretary. I like Ari, he's alright. I especially like he's throwing up the devil horns in this pic. 🤘🏻 Points for being Bush's press sec. early on and being likable enough. Probably made things a lot easier.
- •Scott McClellandBush Press Secretary. Capable. Kinda of a dork. Looks a whole lot like a friend of mine more than anything.
- •Tony SnowBush Press Secretary. So, 3/4 through his presidency Bush just brought in right wing talking head Tony Snow. Good move though, he's a media guy, and a spin doctor with a handsome head on his shoulders. Sadly passed away a year after the job.
- •Dana PerinoBush Press Secretary. Another right wing media person direct from the Fox News stable of blonde talking heads. Perino wins the prize for hottest Press Secretary. I don't mean to be sexist, but she was good looking.
- •Robert GibbsObama Press Secretary. Nice guy, came in with Obama off the campaign trail. Fun fact: Now the Chief Communications Officer for McDonalds.
- •Jay CarneyObama Press Secretary. Did a good job. Really don't have anything else to say. He wore glasses. And such a big fan of Guided By Voices, it made his Wikipedia page.
- •Josh EarnestObama Press Secretary. Named most popular Press Secretary and I gotta agree, this dude was charming. Not only that, he was good at what he did.
- •Sean SpicerTrump Press Secretary. Ugh. This guy is the fucking worst. Yes I'm biased, but seriously he's factually not good at his job.
- •Bill MurrayObama Press Secretary. For like 2 minutes. Holy shit. I wish.