Books Every Software Developer Should Read
- •The Mythical Man Month by Fred BrooksOld school but still many good pointsSuggested by @charlie
- •Masters of DoomCool but sad story of the team that made Doom and Quake and then broke upSuggested by @charlie
- •The goal: a process of continuing improvementHow production processes work and how to optimize them or "how to stop worrying and steadily migrate toward kanban"
- •Object oriented software construction by Bertrand MeyerThe first few hundred pages are the best easily accessible theoretical foundation to the construction of largish systems that I've read
- •Refactoring: improving the design of existing codeAmongst the best books for mid level engineers with lots of conceptual as well as practical examples. Everyone uses the word refactoring but doesn't really totally get it until they have read this (refactoring does not mean rewrite)