Famous Bollywood Movie Dialogues and Their (Funny) English Translations
Coz dialogues are the soul of bollywood movies.
- •Basanti, in kutto ke saamne mat naachnaBasanti, dont dance in front of these dogs. Context : Gabbar singh, the villain, ties up dharmendra (the hero) and tells basanti (the heroine, played by hema malini) that dharmendra will breathe as long as she dances.
- •Holi kab hai? kab hai holi?Another one from sholay. "When is holi? When is holi?"
- •Thappad se dar nai lagta saab, pyaar se lagta hai"Its not the slap that scares me sir, its the love" From sallu bhai's dabangg. Context : "salman (as chulbul pandey) is about to slap sonakshi sinha (the heroine)", but then he stops.
- •Kitne aadmi the?Another hit dialogue from sholay. "How many men were there?" The villain is pissed when his group of 6-8 goons cone back without robbing a village as they were stopped by jay and veery (heroes of the movie)
- •Aata majhi satakli !Literal Translation : "Now my mind has moved" More sensible translation : "im angry" Whenever the hero (played by ajay devgan, from the movie singham) got angry, this was his go to dialogue
- •Har team mein sirf ek hi gunda ho sakta hai, aur is team ka gunda, mein hu."Every team can only have one goon. And i am the goon of this team." Shahrukh khan, playing the coach of the women's indian hockey team, says this to one of the players who doesnt follow his instructions.
- •Bade bade shehro mein aisi chhoti chhoti baatein hoti rehti hai"In big cities, small things like this happen" Shahrukh khan in DDLJ
- •Mere paas gaadi hai, bungla hai, paisa hai. Tumhare paas kya hai? Hain. Mere paas ma hai"I have car, bunglow, money. What do you have. I have mother" Super duper hit dialogue. Amitabh bacchan has been very lucky that way to get movies with some really strong dialogues. Plus his heavy voice is a killer.
- •Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost"Literal translation : movie isn't over yet, my friend" Contextual translation : "this isn't the end"
- •Aaj khush to bahut honge tum. Hain.Sexy dialogue from amitabh bacchAn saab. His mother is sick in the hospital, on the edge of life and death. And for the first time after many years (since childhood) amitabh goes to a temple to pray for his dying mother. "You must be very happy today" is the literal translation. You should google this and read this conversation with god. Will make you cry.