1 Corinthians 13
This is one of my current favorite passages of Scripture. Thought I would share it w/ you all. If you read through this, think about how all of this "love" stuff is fulfilled by Christ on the cross
- •If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
- •And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
- •If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
- •Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
- •Or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
- •It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
- •Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- •Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
- •For we know in part and we prophesy in part
- •But when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
- •When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
- •When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
- •For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
- •So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.