How to make squash soup!!!
My go-to crock pot recipe. Easy, clean, and so so soooo fricken good
- •Chop up onions and garlic, add to a pan, season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper
- •Throw in some tomato paste and let everything cook on medium heat for a few minutes
- •While the onions are sweating*, peel and cube a big squash*that's an industry term that I used incorrectly
- •Grab a generous amount of Swiss chard* and separate the stems from the leaves*any dark greens will work if you can't find Swiss chard. I've used kale in a pinch
- •Throw the onion mixture, Swiss chard stems, squash, and two cups of water into a crock pot and cook on medium low for 7ish hoursOr 8. Or 6. Honestly, it's ready when you are.
- •10 minutes before dinner time, throw in the Swiss chard leaves and cover
- •While the soup finishes cooking, cut up and toast some bread
- •And some cheese and enjoy!!!