Questions that creep up late at night
Worries on this particular Tuesday. Some new fears, some old favorites.
- •Is it troublesome that I'm still awake?Will this lack of sleep have untold ramifications tomorrow?
- •Did I lock the door?Will my laziness to check that it's locked be my undoing?
- •Was I really not feeling well earlier, or did I use it as an excuse to get out of going to the gym?Is my brain playing tricks on itself and am I completely unaware?
- •Will I regret ignoring that relatives phone call?
- •Will I regret not calling my parents more?
- •Am I enjoying life or just going through the motions?Is the movie playing but I'm too busy on my phone to notice?
- •Is everyone else asleep?
- •Should I be worried that I can't remember anything from the child psychology class I took in 2010?Should I be concerned that psychology was one of my majors and I can barely remember who Pavlov is?
- •Am I an educated human, or am I a sheep in an intellects clothing?Am I so out of line to refer to myself as an intellect, even to myself late at night when no one is listening?
- •Am I thinking enough about my next career move?Am I thinking about it too much?
- •Should I have taken the California bar?
- •Will I ever find something I'm truly good at?
- •Should I feel guilty that my heartbroken friend just asked if I was awake but I'm going to ignore her?Is this representative of who I am as a friend?
- •Is the expensive kiehls face wash I bought a total rip off?
- •Is the door locked?
- •Is it ok that I can't sleep?