BOOKS I'VE READ MORE THAN ONCE
I used to re-read books all the time. Now, I often feel guilty re-reading. However, these are titles I have revisited many times without ANY guilt!
- •The Secret History by Donna TarttNot everyone loves this one, but I always will.
- •Little Women by Louisa May AlcottEach time, I would be certain that this time, when Laurie proposed to Jo, she would say 'yes.'
- •Harry Potter and the...Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban by JK RowlingThese first three are only mildly sad. The true, heartbreaking sadness doesn't kick in until Goblet of Fire.
- •Nancy Drew (multiple titles from the original run) by Carolyn KeeneShe's my favorite and I find the original texts very charming.
- •The Catcher in the Rye by JD SalingerI read this over and over all by myself and with students. It has evolved for me over time.
- •The Great Gatsby by F Scott FitzgeraldAgain, I've read it with students many times. It is flawless and beautiful and always an inspiration.
- •Anne of Green Gables by LM MontgomeryI used to lie in bed after reading it and just pray that, when I woke up, I'd be Anne instead of Missy.