FAVORITE THINGS FOR CHRISTMAS
I really love Christmas. Even when I feel I should be cynical, I can't do it in December.
- 1.Fruit n Nut Drop CookiesMy mother always made these and now I always make them. They're made with cream cheese, Mom's most valued ingredient, and those candied cherries that only exist during the holiday season.
- 2.White ChristmasThat "Sisters" routine! Those dresses! Danny Kaye! Certainly, always a must-view for me...and often multiple times.
- 3.Ceramic TreesI just love these relics of the past. My small collection began with one my mother had for years.
- 4.Gift WrappingI love to wrap packages. Every year, I pick out new paper and ribbons. There's nothing more exciting than watching people tear open packages on Christmas morning.
- 5.Charlie Brown ChristmasWhen Linus stands up to recite, I always cry.
- 6.The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas StoryThis is another one that makes me cry (it doesn't take much). I just love how merry everyone is inside the jailhouse...and Barney's "ho ho hos" are perfect.
- 7.New PajamasWe always got new pjs for Christmas...and I still treat myself to a new pair each year.
- 8.The Nativity SceneI'm not especially religious, but I really do love to put out the nativity. The one I have now was the one my mother always put out. It's really special to me.
- 9.It's a Wonderful LifeI don't care if it's become a cliche. I love it desperately and it never fails to move me. It was the first black and white film I ever watched and I will love it until the day I die.
- 10.LoveI get to see more people that I love at Christmas than any other time of year. That always makes me happy.