MOVIES I ❤️ AT CHRISTMAS (THAT AREN'T TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS MOVIES)
- •The ApartmentI've never loved Jack Lemmon more. This one really taps into the darker emotional side of the holidays.
- •Die HardIt's practically a cliche now, but I still love it. And the sequel, too. Once, I dropped a friend at Dulles at Christmastime and felt suddenly like John McClane.
- •Black ChristmasThe original, of course. Truly one of the only films that scares me every time I watch it. And, sometimes it's nice to break up all the joy with a little terror!
- •In the Good Old SummertimeDespite the title, this one is certainly a holiday movie. Plus, Judy Garland is my all-time favorite of all time. I mean, just check my next item...
- •Meet Me in St LouisTechnically, this one would be good any time, as it covers one year in the life of the Smith family, but Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas secures this one's spot on my holiday watchlist.