REASONS I SHOULD STOP FEARING MY BODY
After a recent conversation with a dear friend about an illness she's witnessed in another friend, I realized I'm pretty lucky to have a good body.
- •My flesh has never tried to destroy itselfThat's what happened to my friend's friend. Terrifying.
- •My eyes work really wellRecently, my contact prescription changed so that I needed less correction...and I don't need much anyway.
- •My ears work very wellWhen I worked at the library, we had many deaf patrons and I always wished I knew American Sign Language.
- •Despite how I've struggled with my weight, it has held up pretty well
- •The cancer that ravaged my mother IS more or less preventable if I take the right stepsI mean...look at Angelina Jolie.