THINGS I LEARNED IN MANILA
- •I'm very good at playing human frogger in the streets
- •Everything is inside of the malls. All the malls.Offices, restaurants, call centers.
- •You will be referred to as Ma'amSirNot because your gender is unknown. Fillippinos are very good at following literal directions and call scripts had the first line as "Hello Ma'am/Sir".
- •This isn't vitacoco.
- •An 55 minute long Uber ride is cheaper than a pour-over in San Francisco.Not even talking single-origin. It's crazy cheap by comparison.
- •Security existsExpect an X-ray, frisk, and bag check at every single mall.