COLLEGE ADMISSION-WHAT GETS YOU IN BESIDES GRADES
- •most important-Leadership-don't just join a club-be president or an officer or a captain
- •killer essays that have been thoroughly proofread-do not write about traveling or mission trips-do write about an experience that changed you
- •when using the same essay for multiple colleges for Pete's sake make sure you change the college name when you are telling them you can't wait to go there!!
- •Apply as early as you can
- •If you must go to a particular college that you think will not accept you, throwing their way $100,000 plus in a donation will seal it. The more you give the better your chances
- •Apply to local merit scholarships. National ones are virtually impossible to get
- •AP, IB or better yet taking a college class at your local college at night will show the committee you have that extra initiative.