Things that bug me about Star Wars: A New Hope
I love Star Wars. A lot. But there are a few things...
- •Hold your fire. There's no life forms; it must've short-circuited.Why? WHY? Why not just blast EVERY escape pod to dust? The Family Guy parody said it best: "What? Are we getting paid by the laser now?"
- •If they traced the robots here, they may have learned who they sold them to..."Robots"? Really?
- •You don't need to see his identification... These aren't the droids you're looking for.I get the mind trick. I get that Stormtroopers can be weak-minded. But don't you think at some point one of the squad might say, "You know, Jeff, you're basically just repeating what the old guy says. Maybe we should take a look..."
- •Door's locked, move on to the next one.It's nice to know the evil Empire that's willing to brutally enforce law still cares about civil rights.
- •You don't believe in The Force, do you?And YOU had never even heard of it 48 hours ago. At least Han is old enough to remember when Jedi were a part of the Republic -even if he never encountered one. He's more familiar with the stories than YOU are. Maybe he's never seen it in action, but you're not really one to talk.
- •Sir, this kid is the best bush pilot in the Outer Rim territories.Yeah, that jives. Because an Alaskan bush pilot would totally be great at flying a naval fighter in combat.
- •Poor Chewie.