What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
Youngest to Oldest
- •An AdultI was never really good at being a kid when I was a kid.
- •RabbiMy mother did a real number on me until I was old enough to know anything.
- •RockstarBecause when you give up wanting to be a Rabbi, accompanied by a 4 year stint in a Jewish boys choir, what else is there to do?
- •Real Estate DeveloperMy dad was an engineer and I always loved buildings, so there was a fleeting moment. But ultimately I wanted to blaze my own trail. Should've stuck with the real estate bug :)
- •RabbiI spent a year in Israel, and I think my mom may have had them drug me.
- •Finance GuyBecause what young boy in the NY metro area doesn't dream about being a Finance Guy?! #FML
- •EntrepreneurI got sucked into the dream, but never really actualized it.
- •RestauranteurUntil I realized how bad a business it really was.
- •InvestorPresumably being an investor allows you to be involved in amazing businesses without having to choose one and get too deep into the nitty gritty. The idealized dream state of having your cake and eating it too.
- •Rockstar + Investor + Real Estate Kingpin + RestauranteurWhy can't I just do everything??
- •A BossOne day you wake up and realize that it's not about what you do, but how well you do it and how much influence you have because of that. My dad always told me that. Now I know it's true.