Additional Tomato Enchantment
Cherry tomatoes of every warm hue imaginable are creating some excellent clutter in my garden. Can't pick or eat them fast enough, so did this with a bunch of them, and things went Exponential.
- •Preheated oven to 250 degrees.
- •Sliced a bunch of cherry tomatoes in half.
- •Slicked a foil-lined baking tray w olive oil.Can be parchment paper instead of foil.
- •Tossed tomatoes on tray: sprinkled them lightly w herbes de Provence.That's a seasoning mix made from lavender, fennel seeds, marjoram, rosemary, basil.
- •In the oven for 45 minutes -> 1 hour.Possibly even longer - or until they look and seem right to you. (Shake the tray a few times to interrupt sticking.) The tomatoes will dry out slowly, becoming slightly chewy. The sugars caramelize. It's just overall brilliant.
- •That's all.We had them w goat cheese-and-fresh-chive-dotted scrambled eggs and thick slices of olive oil-grilled sourdough. THE best brunch ever!
- •(Ate them too fast to get a photo...)