Authentic Honey-mustard Vinaigrette in 3 Minutes
Don't know why, but many people get intimidated when it comes to making salad dressing. That will end right now! This one is so easy, all you need to do is throw a few things in a jar and shake.
- •You have a clean little jar with a lid, and you will put the following things in there.Because you saved one or several from jam, marinated artichokes, etc.
- •1 tsp honeyAny kind, keeping in mind that the lighter the color, the milder the flavor. Easiest if you first spray the measuring spoon w a little nonstick spray; honey will then glide right off.
- •2 tsp prepared mustardYellow or Dijon or grainy. Plain or fancy. Any kind you love.
- •1/4 tsp salt
- •1Tbs vinegarRed wine or cider vinegar - or try another. This is flexible.
- •(Cover the jar and shake vigorously to thoroughly combine.)
- •Add 3 Tbs olive oil.
- •(Cover again; shake again for about 25 seconds.)It will become slightly thick and cloudy.
- •That's it. You have dressing!This makes about 1/4 cup - approximately enough for 2 medium salads (@ 4 or so servings). Also delicious on cooked vegetables - hot, warm, or cold. If you want more, this recipe is easily doubled (or just make it again).
- •Get creativeYou can add 1/4 tsp crushed garlic and/or 1 Tbs orange juice or buttermilk with the first ingredients. This also tastes great with a few drops of sesame oil in addition to the olive oil, and w a touch of minced fresh dill added at the end. But it's also delicious straight-up, w none of these.