Brown Sugar-roasted Rhubarb W Cinnamon Toast Crumbs
Like rhubarb crisp, only easier. Note that the best way to get good whole wheat bread crumbs is to crumble good whole wheat bread.
- •Preheat the oven to 400F.
- •Cut 2 lbs rhubarb into 1/4-inch slices.About 8 large stalks.
- •When oven is hot, place 2 Tbs butter in a 9 x 13- inch pan and put it in the oven for a minute or so.When the butter is melted, tilt the pan to get entire surface coated. Scatter in the rhubarb (even-ish layer), shake to coat, then put the pan back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- •Meanwhile, combine 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, 2 Tbs sugar, a big pinch salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon in a bowl.
- •Add 2 Tbs melted butter to the crumb mixture.Mix w a fork until uniform.
- •After rhubarb has roasted 20 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle w 1 cup brown sugar.Stir or shake to coat, then top w the crumb mixture.
- •Bake another 10-12 minutes......or until the rhubarb bubbles w enthusiasm.
- •Let it cool to desired eating temperature.Keep in mind that sugar becomes very 🔥
- •Serve w excellent vanilla ice cream or some honeyed-up yogurt.But pictured plain here, so you can see how very pretty.
- •Done! Yay! Joy!