Delicious Things to Eat While Trying to Lose Weight
Suffering does not make you lose weight any faster. In fact? Au contraire. The best diet is one you can live with. To that effect, this fun list. Enjoy! (For you, @Brina xo)
- 1.Roasted vegetables 🍆🌽🍠Bite-sized assorted veg spread out on foil-lined, olive oil-coated tray. 400 F oven until tender, roasty, toasty, compelling. Salt & pepper. Nosh to heart's content.
- 2.PicklesAdd them to a plate of crudités: cold, crisp radishes and thinly sliced fennel. Add a few olives and cherry tomatoes. Crunch away.
- 3.Carrots dipped in guacamoleMeasure out 1/4 cup of guac. Portion control is key.
- 4.Peanut butter w jicama sticksNice change from celery. Portion control: 1 Tbs pb.
- 5.Lacy cheese crustCheese plan for the weight conscious: choose harder, more flavorful cheeses over softer, milder ones. Why? Because you can grate them and use far less to greater effect. Sprinkle on top of your large serving of vegetables or small (1/2-cup) serving of potatoes and broil until crusty.
- 6.Sweet red pepper w hummusA whole pepper - even two. 3-4 Tbs hummus dipped or spread. Great snack!
- 7.Infinite salsaAny kind, everywhere savory. Heap it on.
- 8.Eggs 🍳🍳🍳They received a bum rap years ago, but eggs' unfairly tarnished reputation is recovering nicely, and this is a very good thing. Fry an egg when you're hungry: approx. 65 calories of pure good-for-you. And use eggs as toppings: omelette cut into strips; soft yolk-fried or boiled (yolks as sauce); hard-boiled grated and sprinkled, like confetti.
- 9.Trader Joe's Organic Olive Oil Popcorn2 cups = 130 calories
- 10.Melon, berries, peaches 🍉🍓🍑🍈Summer Edition, Unlimited.
- 11.Apples, sliced thin and cinnamoned 🍎🍎🍎Winter Edition, ditto.
- 12.Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snaps3 = 70 calories
- 13.Trader Joe's Ice Cream Bon BonsCustom-made by a small supplier, these are a national treasure: chocolate cookie bottom, good quality vanilla ice cream, bittersweet chocolate shell. Clocks in @60 cal. A blessing on your head, Trader Joe.
- 14.A dozen chocolate chips.One at a time. Let each melt completely before adding the next. As if you were stoned. (See previous list: Counterintuitive Diet Advice, Part 2)
- 15.Tomato Sauce 🍅🍅🍅By the gallon.