Egg Goodness Is Real🐔🐔🐔
An egg is a glorious thing, bringing you one of the best nutrient-to-calorie ratios of any single food item. To wit:
- •High-quality protein6-7 grams (depending on size)
- •60-70 caloriesAlso size-determined.
- •Significant iron and zinc
- •Every vitamin except C
- •Lutein and zeaxanthinThese are eye health-promoting carotenoids that can prevent macular degeneration regardless of your ability to pronounce them.
- •CholineBrain booster.
- •Finally, let us debunk a couple of myths:
- •Do not fall for the egg white only mishigas.Almost all of the above-listed nutrients are in the yolks, people. There's protein and a little lecithin in the whites, but that's about it. Read on for the other reason you should eat the entire bleeping egg.
- •Egg consumption will not drive up your blood cholesterol.Science now shows that cholesterol-rich food doesn't singularly cause heart disease. Per Walter Willett, MD (Harvard School of Public Health): "No research has ever shown that people who eat more eggs have more heart attacks than people who eat fewer eggs." So rest easy and enjoy your breakfast.