My Favorite Light Summer Supper
Eight-ish ingredients, all in one bowl. Amounts totally flexible. Takes less than 10 minutes if your knife is sharp. I get most ingredients from the farmers' market, and it always & forever feels and tastes fresh and new. Carpe diem!
- •Diced cucumberSmall, tight, ideally organic. Also ideally Persian. Peel only if you think necessary.
- •Sweet bell pepperAny color, minced.
- •Minced red onionSoak in hot water for 10 minutes first, if you want to soften the flavor. Drain well by shaking over the sink in a strainer.
- •Many chopped tomatoes 🍅🍅🍅!Very fresh, very sweet, multi-colored, all sizes - let it rip!
- •Feta cheeseDrained, diced.
- •Finely minced fresh herbsChives, parsley, basil, cilantro - any or all, and lots. Thyme/marjoram/oregano in smaller amounts (they go a long way)
- •Excellent olive oilBig pour.
- •Touch of vinegarAny kind you love - just a little
- •A little salt, a lot of black pepper......and you're there. 💫💫💫