Oatmeal Goes Festive
It's easy to overlook the non-feast meals, like plain old breakfast, during the holiday season. Fancying up a bowl of oatmeal is an inexpensive, easy, fun way to keep the spirit (and you) going. Here are my 5 favorite oatmeal treatments. (Keep in mind that oatmeal can be cooked ahead and reheated easily in a microwave - very user-friendly💐)
- •Chai Oatmeal...rolled oats simmered in milk that's been infused w Chai spices. Especially nice if topped w pistachios. http://molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?id=1056
- •Chocolate-Almond OatmealMelt on some chunks or pieces of dark chocolate (or semisweet chocolate chips) and sprinkle w chopped toasted almonds. Almond milk or half&half both go well.
- •Coconut-Ginger-Walnut-Apple-Date OatmealPile on toasted coconut, coconut sugar (if you have), sliced crystallized ginger, grated apple, chopped walnuts, strips of date. Coconut milk is a nice touch ✨✨✨
- •Blueberry OatmealDot all over w blueberries (fresh or frozen/defrosted and/or dried). The color will seep beautifully and cheer will ensue.
- •Hot Toddy OatmealFor when you need something soothing at midnight+ ... Honey, lemon, big splash of bourbon, possible touch of cream. 👌