Peanut Sauce for All the People
If you can boil water and stir, you can make this delicious stuff. Good on just about everything savory. For kids, it's a vegetable dipping party. Happy sauce for adults. Makes a lot; keeps well.
- •Boil 2 cups water.
- •Put 1 1/2 cups respectable (aka non-Jiff) peanut butter in a bowl.
- •Add 1 tsp minced or crushed garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup light brown sugar.
- •Slowly add boiling water, mashing carefully w a spoon as you pour.
- •Switch to a whisk, stir slowly as you add 1/4 cup cider vinegar and 3 Tbs soy sauce.
- •Taste test for possible additional salt or soy sauce.
- •Done!Serves up to 6 on noodles, vegetables, tofu, chicken, rice, this, that. Keeps for a week or longer in refrigerator; reheat gently in microwave.
- •Customization:-Coconut milk can swap in for half the water. -Mix in a bunch of minced cilantro. -Add chili oil or red pepper flakes to taste. -Add a few drops of toasted sesame oil. -Substitute almond butter if allergic to peanuts.